Travel to Cyrodiil
please can all the team look in "the plan" and comment on relevant topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Travel to Cyrodiil
please can all the team look in "the plan" and comment on relevant topics.
Travel to Cyrodiil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Meeting 2

5 posters

Go down

Team Meeting 2 Empty Team Meeting 2

Post  deamonata Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:48 am

The next Meeting will be held Saturday 21st January 2012. It will be held on skype, if you don't know anybodies skype name yet then send me a message with yours and I will make sure you are added to the meeting.

The current Topics to be rasied are:

Main Quest further details
-Thormod will present a more detailed polt for the main quest which will be discussed and and desisions will be voted upon.
-Preproduction plan
- Bruma layout

IF you wish to discuss anything else please post below and it will be added to the agenda.

Last edited by deamonata on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

deamonata

http://clarkson.family.users.btopenworld.com

Back to top Go down

Team Meeting 2 Empty Re: Team Meeting 2

Post  AiSqueem Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 am

I would want to suggest voting on Earandal's Bruma layout (whether we use it or not) and then some discussion about Bruma in general and how it should look.

AiSqueem

Back to top Go down

Post  Hashcat Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Sorry I couldn't be there, I went to my dad's place this weekend only to find out he did not pay his internet bills...

I read the entire meeting though and I think that there should be a few adjustments to the start of the main quest, right now it will initiate as you enter Cyrodiil which I find a bit to intrusive, players might just want to explore Cyrodiil and not do the main quest at all, especially when they have already done it before. Also since the player does not keep his equipment when he travels back in time why would the sword come back with him? Why not have it like: player meets mage, get's send to ancient battleground, retrieves journal and sword, get's payed for both, Talos priest barges in and says something along the lines of: BWAAH HUGE MAGICAL DISTURBANCE AT PALE PASS, GO PLAYER GO!!! player goes to Pale Pass, get's send back to past, player is like ohmygosh I read about this, everything continues as planned. And what type of effect has an entire Cyrodillian army being wiped out on the future and how will it be reverted?

As for Bruma, it would be handy to have a separate thread for what we're going to include(a separate sub-forum for each city would be handy for threads like this), letting the thread starter keep a list of things that are definitive in the first post. Also I suggest that instead of numbering each house on Earendel's concept art we'd number every section, and then work out what we want to include in each section instead of immediately giving each house a meaning. And uhm.. what exactly are we gonna vote for? Only Earendel's Layout is available right now right?

Also if on sunday's more people would be available, I'd say do team meetings on sunday, but if it doesn't make any difference I would be happy if it could stay on saturday. And if I can't make a team meeting in the future I will say so, unless I'm not able to... Like this time. >.<

Hashcat
Hashcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Thormod Skald Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:13 pm

The point of the sword coming back with the player is to show that this wasn't a mere hallucination. Later the research into the origin of the sword will reveal a clue to where the dwarven ruins are located.

As for forcing the characters to do the main quest, it is always that way in every game and if you want to break with that then later encounters in the quest chain will have to have additional coding added for the player going to them that has not started the main quest. If they just want to explore Cyrodiil then they can do that after the scripted part ends just like they can in every Elder Scrolls game.

Lastly, a Talos priest would not barge into a meeting with some stranger and expose themselves to being killed as Talos worship is punishable by death. Their organization is now very fractured and secretive and understandably paranoid.

Thormod Skald

Back to top Go down

Post  Luffi45 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:02 am

Sorry I could not attend the meeting, the library called me in to work, but if we do switch to sundays again I will be able to make it to all meetings, as the library is closed on sundays. I have read through the entire meeting and I like Thormod's ideas for the questline start, and they all seem manageable programming-wise.

Luffi45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down