Travel to Cyrodiil
please can all the team look in "the plan" and comment on relevant topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Travel to Cyrodiil
please can all the team look in "the plan" and comment on relevant topics.
Travel to Cyrodiil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am Thormod Skald

2 posters

Go down

I am Thormod Skald Empty I am Thormod Skald

Post  Thormod Skald Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:58 am

Hi all,

Oddly enough, I was just thinking that someone should do a mod on the rest of Tamriel with the Skyrim engine when I heard about this project! So, here is my horned helmet that I am throwing into the ring . . .

Name: Thormod Skald (the next question I always get is, "where does that name originate?" It is Norse as I am Icelandic)

Previous Mod Experience: None.

Best trait regarding modding: I used to translate Viking Sagas into English and have over 20 years experience in this style of storytelling. Also I worked with both Wizards of the Coast and Dungeons and Dragons in the 90's so I am quite knowledgeable with creating and working within a proper fantasy setting.

Modding weakness: Having little knowledge of programming details, I may not fully understand the difficulty of transforming some ideas into reality. I am hoping that keeping a good dialogue open with the programmers will allow me to see what is and isn't possible.

Why do you want to join us? I subscribe to the Joseph Campbell philosophy that mythologies (and by extension, fantasy settings) are a critical aspect of civilization since one of the things they do is allow an ordinary person to experience a great journey through a hero's eyes. With video games, you literally are the hero and are creating your own journey with it's own sometimes unexpected rewards and consequences. Video games have become the new mythology and as a scholar of such things, I would like to help insure that this one is as absolutely engaging and memorable as possible.

If you had a Superpower what would it be? Probably invulnerability because then because then it wouldn't hurt when you accidentally hit your finger with a hammer.

Thormod Skald

Back to top Go down

I am Thormod Skald Empty Re: I am Thormod Skald

Post  deamonata Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 am

awesome a good storyteller just what we needed, you are very welcome ^_^ I will add you to the team and feel free to say hi in the chat box

deamonata

http://clarkson.family.users.btopenworld.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum