Travel to Cyrodiil
please can all the team look in "the plan" and comment on relevant topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Travel to Cyrodiil
please can all the team look in "the plan" and comment on relevant topics.
Travel to Cyrodiil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questline Ideas

3 posters

Go down

Questline Ideas Empty Questline Ideas

Post  Luffi45 Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Okay, so people are talking about questlines in the Nexus thread, so I figured I'd throw in my two cents. I think that for players who finished the war quests as the Legion or haven't finished it yet can participate in the Anti-Thalmor Resistance, and those who finished the quests as Stormcloaks can invade Cyrodiil in an attempt to remove the Thalmor presence in the empire. Not only does this make it more diverse, it plays right into the whole 'Radiant Story' where the story changes based on player decisions. Another idea is that we could give the player the option to choose what province they start in, we could have them start in Cyrodiil trying to uproot the Thalmor, or in Skyrim. When the Elsweyr mod is done, we coul include starting in Elsweyr, and so on.

Luffi45

Back to top Go down

Questline Ideas Empty Re: Questline Ideas

Post  Olminator Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 am

i'd definitely like to be able to start in the province i like

Olminator

Back to top Go down

Post  Variun Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm not that sure about choosing the starting province. I mean even though it'll be a mod, the game is still Skyrim and the main events really originate from there.

On the other hand, choosing your starting province gives interesting possibilities. For example should the player start in Cyrodiil and want to enter Skyrim the could be captured and go through the original game beginning sequence etc. That would mean however, that the player would not have Dragonborn abilities until they enter Skyrim therefore making it necessary to enter should the player want to use shouts etc.
When it comes to questlines there's really almost no limit to what we can do as long as it stays somewhat true to lore.

Another thing to think about is that should the player join the Stormcloaks and prevail, why would the Stormcloaks -want- to invade Cyrodiil other than gaining land? From what I've heard/read the Stormcloak Rebellion only really cares about Nord supremacy (and removing the Thalmor) within Skyrim. However, having said that if I'm wrong or there is a way to work in an invasion of Cyrodiil I do believe it would be, for lack of a better word: pretty cool.

Variun

Back to top Go down

Post  Olminator Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:10 pm

I don't really think invading cyrodiil would make that much sense, since the stormcloaks only really care about themselves. I can imagine though that the stormcloaks would want to save the nords from bruma from the thalmor, and thus invading bruma would seem more appropiate to me.

Olminator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum